Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Part 2

I too, am grateful for my family. I have learned how much they really mean to me and how much they all did for me my whole eighteen years. But Kelcey already covered that blessing beautifully. So..
This Thanksgiving I am grateful for Missionaries. Firstly, I am grateful for the blessing that they are to those that they teach. The gospel is the most important thing on this Earth and it is a comfort to me that we have so many willing young men and women out in the world sharing the gospel with all who will listen. I have family members who are converts and I have been lucky to see the gospel enter the lives of some of my friends. The gospel is a beautiful thing and I am grateful for the missionaries who sacrifice to teach it.
Secondly, I am grateful for the lessons that the missionaries learn while teaching the gospel. It has been so great to watch my friends leave for missions as young 19 year old boys, hear from them as they are transforming, and see them come home as 21 year old men. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to be away for two years and forgetting about the world and just getting to work. I am so grateful for the experiences that they have. For the people they become. For the changes that are made. I really think that a mission is a great way for people to grow up and learn important lessons. Ah, I just love everything about a mission.
Thirdly, and most importantly, I am grateful for my missionary. It is so difficult to have a member of your family gone for two years. He has missed so much JR miss, graduation, senior year, and first semester in college. But he has been doing something much more important, spreading the gospel. I cannot wait for him to come home TOMORROW! It has been a long two years, but at the same time a short two years. My whole family will be all together again for Thanksgiving, the first time in many years. I am so excited and it is going to be the best holiday ever! To all my missionary boys (past present and future), I am so grateful for you and the sacrifice you make to further the work of the church. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, I know I will! :)

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Lilly!! I'm sooo excited for you and that AJ is coming home!!!! I can't even believe it! Have a great Thanksgiving with your ENTIRE family!!! :) And PS i'm excited for our sleepover!!

Jenn said...

oh my goodness lilly this is such a cute post! i love it! :)

Kelcey said...

Aw lily I love this post. It is too sweet! Love you, sad I missed the sleepover. I can't wait for christmas to see you guys we should do another sleepover!
Love ya
Belchy

Cole said...

Yes I'm in the blog again! It's been too long...