Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

All in a WordBy


Aileen Fisher


T for time to be together, turkey, talk, and tangy weather.

H for harvest stored away, home, and hearth, and holiday.

A for autumn's frosty art, and abundance in the heart.

N for neighbors, and November, nice things, new things to remember.

K for kitchen, kettles' croon, kith and kin expected soon.

S for sizzles, sights, and sounds, and something special that abounds.

That spells ~~~THANKS---for joy in living and a jolly good Thanksgiving.


I think just for fun, if you guys aren't too busy, we could name the one thing that we are most thankful for that happened this past year.


For me I would have to say the deep love and appreciation I have found for my family while I have been gone for school. I really didn't realize how much I learned from them and how many life skills they prepared me for. I see alot of freshman girls like me struggling with things that I have known all my life. Like how to be careful with money and how to do laundry and iron, do dishes and cook and not to be lazy and to go to classes and do homework even if my parents aren't there to tell me to. I swear I can hear the exact words my mom would say to me in my head when I have a bunch of laundry to put away (I have told you 50 times to put this laundry away and if i have to tell you one more time......) I also hear my dad's voice creeping in my head when I invited to go watch a pirated movie at a friends house. (He is the most honest guy I know and I would feel his disappointment if I would have said I would go.) I also didn't realize how strong and faithful they were in the gospel. It is so easy for some people to just be lazy and not go to the church. My parents taught me a deep love and appreciation for the gospel and I absolutely love going to church no matter where it is at and I love the extra activities that we can become involved with. My whole family influenced the person I am today and I didn't realize it untill I had to live with out them. I am so grateful for all the lessons they taught me and I hope that someday I can be as good of parents they were to me.


I really hope I can hear from you guys to about the things you are thankful for. I love you guys and am so grateful for you guys influences in my life also. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!


Love Belchy!!!

2 comments:

steve and lisa said...

awWWW! Thanks Kelcey! You are a sweetheart & we miss you so much!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving at G&G's house!
LOVE - your mommy!

Hannah said...

Kelcey I love this idea! And your's is precious! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanskgiving, and I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks for Christmas break!! :)