Monday, September 14, 2009

Jon Schmidt!

*Before I start, Mom- I have finished all my homework for the night. I just want to let my fellow senioritas know what I'm up to. Don't worry! This is my "yay!" face because I finished my homework! :)
Two weekends ago my cousin/roommate Jessica and I went to a concet at Thanksgiving Point in Utah. We bought the tickets and drove ourselves there. We didn't even get lost, well maybe for a second, but we figured it out! I've never been to Thanksgiving point before, so I was really excited to go. It is so pretty there! The concert was at the waterfall ampitheater, and I felt at home a little. Except instead of a lake behind the stage, there was a waterfall. Not too different. In the far right picture above that man in the blue shirt is Jon Schmidt aka genius. Then the crowd in the middle, and the stage on the left.

This was our view the whole night. Not too shabby. Except, we had a crazy lady sit in front of us. Well, maybe not crazy. But she was very very competitive. Her group was playing cards and her whole heart and soul was in the game. At least she kept us entertained!

I've learned that Utah-ians like to arrive to events forever early. I guess they don't live by the Mormon law of 15 minutes late is on time. So we got there early, or so we thought, and found a huge line. We had to park way past the front of the line, then walk to the end of the line, and then to the front as we entered. But I need me some excerise, in order to ward off the freshman 15. So no complaining here. Once we found our seats we occupied our time taking pictures. The concert was so awesome. Jon Schmidt is a pianist who composed beautiful music. I seriously was in awe of him the whole time. Everything he played sounded so different, but equally beautiful. I really really reccommend him, we bought a CD and have been listening to it basically non-stop. It makes great "homework-doing" music. Also, to make the night even more awesome. He played an encore of his arrangment of Taylor Swift's "Love Story" and right before a guy went down and proposed to his girlfriend. Needless to say every girl in the crowd was envious and let out an "awwww". And! halfway through the concert he asked who won the BYU game, the crowd went CRAZY because we had beat #3 Oklahoma! Needless to say every man in the crowd was mad he missed the game and let out a very loud "BYUUUUUUU". What a great night!

The night before Jess and I attended a black and white mocktail party at a huge mansion. Have you ever seen Great Gatsby? Well, if you have, let's just say I lived it. We really felt like we were are a Gatsby party. We had a lot of fun and were even a little social. It's our goal. :)
That is all for now. I love you senioritas! Only 2 and a half months till we're reunited for Thanksgiving!!
Silly

No comments: