Thursday, September 3, 2009

I am offically the last seniorita left in good ol Moses Lake, and saying goodbye is harder than I thought.

January 2006: The first day I met Moses Lake

It was pitch black outside, and my family and I were driving on highway 17 finally making it to our destination. After a 13 hour drive, 6 people, cat and dog crammed in our car all the grumpyness and exhaution disappeared when we pulled in our new home town Moses Lake, Washington. We were extatic, and the first thing my mom said was, "Don't let the lights fool you . It looks alot smaller during the day."

The first night we slept in moses was at the Ameristay inn, by the bowling alley. I was texting my old neighbor from syracuse in our hotel room and he was bribing me with a new car if I convinced my family to moved back to stay with them. I was very very close to excepting. We were very close friends with our neighbors and hung out with them all the time. We still keep in touch and see them when we visit utah.

The next day i got to see my new home for the very first time. Since this was our 13th maybe 14th move... i loose track... I had held it together pretty good and didn't shed a tear the whole time we packed up our house and the long drive up here. i was fine untill we started walking around the new house. It was offical and it finally dawned on me that I wasn't going back, I wasn't going to be able to finish my second semester of high school as a sophmore, I wasn't going to see my friends for a very long time some of them maybe never again. Walking around my new room crying my mom thought it was because i hated it, but the real reason was because i was scared and sad to leave my past behind.

What i didn't know was that this new little town, that i had never heard of before in my entire life, was going to welcome me and my family with huge open arms and will always hold a place in my heart forever! I didn't know I was going to a school with tons of kids with my standards and beliefs. I didn't know that almost everyone in this town is related and if your not it still feels that way. I didn't know that my testimony would grow stronger because of the missionary experiances that i had and never would have had if i still lived in utah. i didn't know that my heavenly father placed me and my family here for a purpose to learn and grow. i didn't know i would have the time of my life!!!

I will never forget this town and all the people and all the experiances i had here. I know that im heading off to another place where im supose to be and it will change my life forever like moses lake did. My mom has this quote and it says "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." E. E. Cummings. I think that is very very true and im starting to realize that more and more every day. But i came up with another quote that is even more true, "It takes courage and FAITH to grow up and become who your Heavenly Father wants you to become."I know no matter what happens at college it will be perfectly fine cause i got someone watching out for me. Hopefully I'll make him proud. I love ya moses lake and Rexburg... here I come!!

3 comments:

steve and lisa said...

Ahhhhhh Kelcey
You made me CRY!!!!
I will miss you so much!
LOVE YA!!!
And call me if you run out of money or need to TALK!!!!!!!!!! (ya right!)

Your mommy!!!!

Hannah said...

Oh Kelcey this is adorable! I'm sooo glad that you moved to this little town and that we got to be friends!!! Good luck in Rexburg I know you'll have crazy fun!

Jessica said...

kelcey that was really cute!! im so glad that you moved to moses lake! we had some great times together that i will never forget! your amazing and i miss you!